A child has rights. He also has responsibility. As a matter of fact, it is one of his responsibilities, depending on his age to see that his rights are respected.
Participation speaks of the responsibility of the child to be part of the process of respecting his rights. One of the five basic need is that the child’s senses of freedom and responsibilities must be acknowledged and development.
Sections 19 and 20 of the Child’s Rights Act, 2003 make provision for the responsibilities of the Nigerian Child: These sections give expression to the age-long truism that freedom without responsibility is the breeding ground for chaos. The Act therefore outlines certain responsibilities for the Nigerian child as follows:
- working towards the cohesion of their families
- respecting their parents and elders
- placing their physical and intellectual capabilities at the service of the State,
- contributing to the moral well-being of the society,
- strengthening social and national solidarity,
- preserving the independence and integrity of the country,
- respecting the ideals of freedom, equality, humaneness, and justice for all persons, relating with others in the spirit of tolerance, dialogue and consultation
- contributing to the best of their abilities solidarity with and unity with Africa, and the world at large.
A child, who does not understand that he has responsibilities towards himself, family, community and the nation will become a liability to all. It is a rule in child development that a custodian must not do for a child, what by his age and development; he should be in a position to do for himself. We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future,’ says Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Thank you for visiting today. Sure you it was rewarding. I invite you to Think the Child…Think Today…Think the Future. Stay INSPIRED.
Our Child Protection Audio Library Comprising of 5 Audio CDs and 4 Handbooks are available for order and immediate delivery depending on your location. They are well-researched and widely-applauded materials, carefully and meticulously designed to bring to your CONSCIOUSNESS and CONSCIENCE the RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES of your children and EQUIP you with the INDISPENSABLE SKILLS to do all things in the BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD. Be on the side of your child Today…Be on the Side of the Future…Place Your Order NOW! @ 234-8186830275(SMS Only) or send an email, titled: ORDER to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and Stay INSPIRED.