1. Concerning the alleged killings of Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos State, which has been widely adjudged as one of the most peaceful and organized of all the protests sites, was the CCTV Camera disconnected before the mayhem was allegedly unleashed?
2. Assuming without conceding that Mr. Sanwo-Olu’s claim that what they removed were not CCTV Cameras but Infrared Cameras and that they were removed in order to avoid vandalisation, why were they not removed since the protests started and why did the government/owners become afraid of vandalisation after 2 weeks of peaceful protests at the Lekki Toll Gate spot, which by it’s character was by all standards adjusted peaceful?
3. Was the fact that some people were able to remove the CCTV Camera or ‘Infrared Cameras’ without being harmed in the midst of protest and protesters not an attestation to the peaceful nature and conduct of the protest and protesters?
4. Was there a cut of power supply in the Lekki Toll Gate area before the alleged mayhem and a restore thereafter?
5. Did the Lagos State Government impose an unreasonable curfew announced at about 1.00PM and which was to take effect at 4.00PM, which was later extended to 9.00PM?
6. Did Loatsad Media, which manage the advertisement billboards at the toll gate issue a statement as follows: “On Tuesday [20 October] when the curfew was announced we heeded the governors warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governors curfew request?”
7. Were the advertisement billboards, (which could have provided some light when the power supply was cut off) manually controlled that the Loastsad had to instruct it’s staff to leave because they ‘didn’t want our staff in any danger’ and what danger did they refer to or did they have an inside information of the impending danger?
8. Were the network antennas of MTN and AIRTEL unavailable and allegedly switched off in the area at the time of the shooting, preventing the protesters to make calls or use the internet for which MTN later issued a statement apologizing for the loss of coverage, alluding to ‘LOSS OF AUXILIARY POWER SUPPLY at a hub site in the area?’
9. Were the protesters in breach of the curfew directive, which was extended to 9.00PM, considering the fact that the filmed attack began at about 6.50PM?
10. Assuming without conceding that the peaceful protesters were in breach of the curfew directive, was opening fire on peaceful protesters the civilised answer?
11. On the wake of the shooting, did the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu in a broadcast confirm the shooting by the army but stating that his government was oblivious of who gave the order and denying the loss of any life?
12. Did the Amnesty International with its credibility and from independent investigation confirm that at least 12 people were killed at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 in addition to others killed in other places in the country?
13. Are we saying that the Nigerian army by its antecedents is not capable of perpetrating the killings of Lekki Toll Gate considering the fact that in 2001 soldiers opened fire and killed at least 100 unarmed and harmless civilians in Zaki Biam (for which the Nigerian army has now publicly apologized); In December 22, 1999 sacked Odi and Choba communities in an alleged attempt to overpower some armed youth, killing hundreds of civilians and demolishing every house in the Odi (a community of close to 15,000 and allegedly raping women in Choba(both under;(both under General Olusegun Obasanjo) and December 12, 2015 Zaria Massacre, killing at least 348 with 347 bodies secretly buried by the army(under General Muhammadu Buhari)?
14. Is the claim of the protesters that corpses were taken away by the military officers, who did the shooting not plausible in view of the killings and secret burials of at least 347 persons in the Zaria Massacre, which fact was confirmed in 2016 by
the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Balarabe Lawal at the Public Hearing of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into the clash the massacre?
15. Are we oblivious as Nigerians that it is one of the trademarks of successive governments to deny or understate casualties which its negligence or state-sponsored terror or breach of fundamental human against the citizens to save face, particularly from the International community until the same become indefensible like the cases sited above?
16. Assuming without conceding that no life was lost at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday, October 20, 2020, is there still any doubt that the military opened fire on peaceful protesters in Lekki, shooting life bullets with evidence that people were injured and visited in different hospital by the Lagos State Governor and promising to pick up their hospital bills?
17. Assuming without conceding that it was not the military that opened fire, who did?
18. Assuming without conceding that the attack at Lekki Toll Gate was carried out by hoodlums or thugs, then the question will be who hired, armed and instructed them and how come the state was not able to protect the peaceful protesters? Or Could the Protesters have opened fire on themselves?
19. What was the intention of those who opened fire on the innocent and peaceful protesters, to kiss them and bid them goodbye?
20. Is it lost on us that the Lekki Shootings happened the same day General Buhari held a closed door meeting with the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, and the Minister of Defence, Maj-Gen. Bashir Magashi?
21. As to the publishing of photos on social media of the alleged victims that have been alleged to be false, is it not possible that it was the propaganda machinery of government that was in charge of the spread of the misinformation and the so-called discrediting of same, noting that we have now discovered, among other things that the Twitter handle of DJ Switch was cloned and the cloned handle was sharing information about the shooting? Who actually cloned her account?
22. How did we become this morally bankrupt, insensitive to others’ humanity and numbed in our sense of judgement of what is right or wrong, using legal and social yardsticks that we will be demandig the record deaths before we condemn an act of state terror against young citizens of Nigeria, considering the fact that if our humanity is alive and well, we would have rejoiced that no one died and still condemn the state of her intention to kill her citizens?
23. Are we now saying that assuming without conceding that people did not die at the Lekki Shooting, the military is now justified for the act of brutality at Lekki Toll Gate?
24. By the way, is General Buhari part of the conspiracy theory that no life was lost at the Lekki Toll Gate and that was why it was not worth any mention in his long-awaited national broadcast of Thursday, October 22, 2020?
25. Considering the fact that the death toll across Nigeria during the #ENDSARS on Tuesday, October 20, 2020, according to the data gathered by Lagos-based risk advisory, SBM Intelligence has been put at at least 46, does this not show that we have moved from Police Brutality to State Brutality and how much can we trust the State to stop policy brutality whether perpetrated by SARS or SWAT?
When SOCIOLOGUE comes your way again it will be about ‘FROM WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2020, THE STREETS SUFFERED VIOLENCE: PROBING THE CONSPIRACIES THEREOF…’
Do have an INSPIRED weekend.
I am Taiwo AKINLAMI
Well done Sir! Our government must give satisfying answers to these critical questions.
Thank you for your kind words and intervention…
Am appauled and disappointed with this government with the turn of events on Tuesday. Is this what we call democracy, a country where there are able youths who can take up positions in the government, yet the old folks won’t allow them in. Tuesday’s massacre is an indication of what is to come 2023.
Thank you for initiating this important conversation.
Perhaps you should also syndicate it across various media platforms and even send copies to the relevant authorities.
The whole incident points to the need for deliberate and sustained efforts to create the desired transformation.
Thank you for reading, your kind intervention and the advice. I will pursue it. Thank you
Thank you dearly beloved sister for your kind words of insight…Indeed this is demonstration of craze and not democracy…We as a people must put our destiny in our hands…Do have an INSPIRED day
Thank you for your kind words and intervention…
This is very deep.
It was clear that the struggle is between the elite and the masses.
Lekki toll is the revenue for the elite in Lagos State and the poor masses are continually raped even to the bleeding point.
The simple classification of our society.
The elite and the masses. Kudos to Nigeria youths for champion the cause of emancipation from oppressive government and the elite who continually raped the economy to the bleeding point. Messages passed, footprints made, blood spilled.
RIP TO FALLEN HEROES AND HEROINES @ #endsars @ Lekki toll gate.
Tomorrow looking better.
No retreat, no surrender.
Thank your intervention and insight…Do have an INSPIRED week