Patents are hereby alerted that emojis are now being used by youths on social media and electronic communications to market, sell, and buy illegal drugs.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EMOJIS IDENTIFIED:
• Peeled banana symbolizes Oxycodone/Percocet.
• A step ladder symbolizes Alprazolam/Xanax.
• A snail symbolizes Fentanyl.
• A palm tree symbolizes Marijuana.
• Emojis are also used in generic ways to denote a drug dealer with an electrical outlet plug.
• The price of a drug is referred to using a concert ticket stub emoji.
• Other general references include using a flame, gasoline pump, or goat to depict the high potency of a drug
• An astronaut, rocket, or face with an exploding brain to describe the euphoria of drug use.
SENSES (Child Safeguarding and Protection Principle)
The use of drugs is one of the vices our precious children indulge in today and these emojis have become a cover for them to indulge in these acts without being discovered.
STONE (CALL TO ACTION)
• It is important that parents note all the highlights of the Emojis identified to enable them to ensure the Safeguarding and Protection of their precious children.
• To report a drug tip or information regarding this, kindly call the Ohio Narcotics Intelligence Center (ONIC), via this phone number: 1-833-OHIO-NIC (644-6642).